Appointed in 2001
I love working with middle school students, and I have been a faculty member at small Episcopal schools throughout my teaching career. When my family moved to San Antonio, I was attracted to St. George’s small, family-like Christian atmosphere. I could see the faculty balanced academic rigor with a creative, nurturing philosophy that produced happy and confident students prepared for success in high school and beyond.
My husband and I are very proud of our daughter, Alex, who is a graduate of St. George. She’s pursuing an Elementary Education degree, specializing in Special Education, at my alma mater, Louisiana State University. I am an avid sports fan, always rooting for LSU and the New Orleans Saints. My favorite pastime is reading, especially mysteries and true-life crime.
- Master of Education, specializing in curriculum and instruction, Our Lady of Holy Cross College, 1994
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature, Louisiana State University, 1987
- Teacher, seventh grade, leadership St. George Episcopal School, 2001-present
- Texas Beta Club State Council Member, 2011-2014
- Teacher, sixth-eighth grade English and sixth grade history, Middle School Division Director, St. Paul’s Episcopal School, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1990-2001
- Teacher, sixth-eighth grade English, volleyball coach, dorm resident Seabury Hall, Maui, Hawaii, 1988-1990
Certifications, Awards, Associations
- National Junior Beta Club, Permanent Texas State Council Member
- Texas Junior Beta Club State Sponsor, 2009-2011