Appointed in 2007
I love St. George’s Christian atmosphere. I love the fact that we begin each day with Chapel. When we return from Chapel, we can transfer the lessons learned there over to other lessons and experiences. It is a good beginning to being the best we can be!
I love the outdoors. I would rather do yard work than housework and I would rather put a plant in the ground then flowers in a vase. I enjoy kayaking, bird watching and have a special interest in rocks. I live with my family of San Antonio Fire Department employees. My husband is retired 33 years with the department and both my son and daughter just entered the department this year.
I believe that I bring a “hands on” approach to learning. I came to St. George with boxes of manipulatives to use when teaching the same lessons that have been taught with paper and pencil. With my approach the children are learning in a way that they understand and relate to.
- Masters in Educational Psychology University of Texas at San Antonio, 1978
- Bachelor of Science in Education, Minor in Speech and Communication Texas State University, 1975
- Teacher, First Grade St. George School, 2007-present
- Teacher St. George Episcopal School, San Antonio, Texas, 2007-present
- Teacher, Kindergarten Northside ISD, 1981-2007
- Teacher, ESL and Kindergarten San Antonio ISD, 1975-1981
Certifications, Awards, Associations
- Counseling Certificate
- NISD teacher of the year for Elrod Elementary – 2001
- Certified Love and Logic Facilitator for Parents and Teachers
- Math Their Way presenter
- Several course hours in art and watercolors