Appointed in 2006
In St. George, I found a small school with a supportive environment for physical education instruction. With supportive administrators, adequate facilities and eager students I enjoy the challenge of teaching young people about the physical, emotional and social benefits of live long physical activity.
I want my students to learn that being a mover is basic to a happy and healthy life. I try to be a role model by being a mover myself in classes and staying involved in acitivities like hiking and golf with my family.
I bring to the classroom my experience as a teacher and administrator in public schools and knowledge of Dynamic Physical Education, which is a sequential and well ordered curriculum for K-8 physical education.
- Master of Education in Physical Education Stephen F. Austin University, 1974
- Bachelor of Science in Health and Physical Education Stephen F. Austin University, 1973
- Teacher St. George Episcopal School, San Antonio, Texas, 2006-present
- Assistant Principal Boerne ISD, 1992-1995
- Teacher, Coordinator of Health and Physical Education, Staff Development Director Alief ISD, Houston, Texas, 1974-1992
Certifications, Awards, Associations
- Self-Employed Workshop Presenter, 1995-present
- Mid-Management Certification, 1980