The St. George community offers the educational foundation which fulfills my passion for faith based learning. My desire to return to the classroom to work with children on a daily basis is paramount. Thirty years of experience in varying roles in public education has led me back to that which I feel is my greatest gift: working with children. My husband, Daniel, and I have been married for 30 years. I have two daughters; Jillian Higgins and Erin Perry. Jillian teaches high school history and Erin teaches seventh grade English. Needless to say I have great resources just a phone call away. The newest addition to my family is my first grandchild, Elizabeth Ellen Higgins. Entertaining Ms. Ellie consumes most of my free time.
I believe educating the whole child truly builds future leaders of tomorrow. As educators, we must challenge our students with real world experiences building problem solving skills for a global society.
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, SWTSU, 1982
- Master of Arts in Education Leadership, UTSA, 1994
- Teacher, St. George Episcopal School, San Antonio, 2012- present
- Principal, Curington Elementary School, Boerne, TX 2006 – 2012
- Vice Principal, Fabra Elementary School, Boerne, TX, 2002 – 2006
- Vice Principal, Harmony Hills Elementary School, NEISD, 1998 – 2002
- Teacher, Third Grade, NEISD, Larkspur Elementary, and Oak Meadow Elementary, 1982 – 1998