Appointed in 2005
After moving here to San Antonio from Houston, I had signed up to substitute teach at several schools in the area but continued to look for a full time teaching position. I found St. George and thought it would be a great opportunity. After visiting with Mr. Devlin and Mrs. Evans and touring the campus, I felt that this would be such a wonderful place to teach. The grounds are so nice, and the teachers I met that day were very friendly and welcoming. I was so happy to have found St. George.
My teaching career has taken me through many different experiences. I began teaching in Alief ISD (Houston) where I taught Music K-5 and 3rd and 4th grade Math / Science. While working there I was involved in my school’s Technology Committee and found that I really enjoyed incorporating technology into my lessons. During these years, I also attended the University of Southern Mississippi and received a Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction. While teaching in Spring Branch ISD (Houston), I taught 5th grade Math / Science and Self Contained classes. I trained for my certification in Master Teacher of Technology, and received my certificate just before moving to San Antonio.
One of my passions is art. I love creating greeting cards, paper crafts, scrapbooks and even digital graphic art. I’m always interested and try to keep up with current technologies. My husband and I like to spend our weekends relaxing, playing with our dog, going to movies, or visiting Houston to see my family.
- Master of Arts in Education in Education Curriculum and Instruction University of Southern Mississippi, 1998
- Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies University of Houston, 1995
- Teacher St. George Episcopal School, San Antonio, Texas, 2005-present
- Teacher, Fifth Grade, Self-Contained Buffalo Creek Elementary, Houston, Texas, 2001-2005
- Teacher, Fourth-Grade Math and Science Mahanay Elementary, Houston, Texas, 1998-2001
- Teacher, Third-Grade Math and Science (1995-1996), Music, Kindergarten Grade 5 (1996-1998) Sneed Elementary, Houston, Texas, 1995-1998
Certifications, Awards, Associations
- Certification through region IV for Master Teacher of Technology, Kindergarten – Grade 12
- Undergraduate: English and Music
- Graduate: Curriculum and Instruction
- Other Certificates: ESL and Technology, Kindergarten – Grade 12