Appointed in 1999
I came to St. George because I loved the open campus; it was beautiful and gave me a sense of peace. The sense of community, the warmth of the faculty, the fellowship and fun that was displayed was inviting. I was also drawn to a school that started the day with Chapel for all the students, faculty, parents, and church members.
I love spending time with my children and grandchildren. I am an avid reader, love cooking, and traveling. I was able to spend two weeks in Maine this past summer. I have two black labs, Parker (as in Tony) and Zoey and we have spent a good bit of our summer walking in Hardberger Park. I am always working on improving my relationship with God and friends.
As a teacher, I bring an enthusiasm for physical education, a love of children, and a strong desire to facilitate their success. Prior to teaching at St. George I taught middle school physical education in Columbus, Ohio for two years before stopping to have four children. I have lived in New Jersey, Ohio, Nebraska, Nevada, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Alabama, and Texas as a military wife. And I began teaching at St. George as the lower school Sacred Studies teacher, which I loved, until I moved to the gym, which I also love!
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Education and Health Education, Ohio State University, 1968
- Teacher, Sacred Studies and Physical Education
- Chapel Leader, St. George Episcopal School, 1999-present
- Teacher, Physical Education, Everett Junior High School, September 1968-1970
Certifications, Awards, Associations
- Lifetime Certification for Health Education and Physical Education, K-12, from Ohio State University
- Certification for Physical Education from Texas 1998