Appointed in 2017
My name is Caitlin Wood, and I am the fourth grade reading, vocabulary, and spelling teacher at St. George Episcopal School. As a St. George alumna, I am so proud to be back teaching at the school that taught me so much! I am thrilled to bring my eight years of teaching experience back to the place where it all started. I have taught in public schools in both San Antonio and Houston, Texas after graduating from Millsaps College in Jackson, Mississippi. I have acted as a founding member an elementary school in San Antonio as lead second grade and lead first grade teacher and have helped create literacy curriculum for KIPP San Antonio Public Schools.
As of November of 2017, I will hold a master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction with a focus on Literacy from The University of Texas at Arlington. I am also in the final stages of obtaining my Reading Specialist certification through the state of Texas. I am always looking for ways to develop myself professionally!
Reading is my passion, and I cannot wait to share my exciting lessons with your students. Research projects, novel studies, and book clubs are a few of my favorite things. Although St. George has changed a great deal since I was a student, the heart and soul of the school are the same. I feel so blessed to be a part of this wonderful school!
- Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction, University of Texas at Arlington- 2017
- Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education, Millsaps College- 2010
- Teacher, St. George Episcopal School, San Antonio, TX, 2017-Present
- Teacher, KIPP Esperanza Dual Language Academy, San Antonio, TX, 2015-2017
- Teacher, Rees Elementary, Alief Independent School District, Houston, TX, 2010-2015
Certifications, Awards, Associations
- Texas Generalist EC-6
- ESL Certified
- Reading Specialist Certification (In progress)