St. George school has been a home to my family and I since 2009, when Keith, my husband, was appointed as the music teacher, and I began teaching private voice lessons. The faculty, staff, parents, and children are all very welcoming and loving. This makes St. George the right place for our family. Since starting in 2009, my love for the school and church has only grown. I constantly see the nurturing and caring environment that abounds from within the campus and the people on it. It is a joy and honor to now be a part of the teaching team at St. George School.
Keith and I have been married almost 5 years, and we have a beautiful daughter named Lillian. We plan on enrolling Lillian at St. George when she turns four, as she is also already home at St. George. We live in Schertz, and we both enjoy performing, singing, and spending time with family. We have two kitties, and now a new puppy!
I believe that anyone, no matter what their circumstances, can and deserves the opportunity to, learn. Children are the future, and I believe it is our job to teach them to be well rounded individuals in a nurturing way. This is exactly why I love St. George. I also believe that every child is inherently different, and as teachers, we have not supplied an effective, well-rounded lesson until we’ve dug into our “bag of tricks” enabling a diverse and engaging learning experience.
- Bachelor of Music, Vocal Performance, Cum Laude, University of Texas at San Antonio, 2010
- Language training, Spanish, French, Italian, Latin and German, UTSA, 2006-2010
- Spanish Teacher, St. George Episcopal School, 2012-present
- Private Voice Teacher, St. George Episcopal School, 2009 – present
- Music Ministry Assistant, St. George Episcopal Church, 2012- present
- Soprano Soloist: SA Mastersingers, SA Choral Society, Kerrville Symphony, Trinity College, UTSA, St. George Episcopal Church, Travis Park UMC.
- Member of TMEA and TCDA
- Alumnai of SAI (Sigma Alpha Iota)