I was offered a teaching position with St. George and knew instantly my daughter must be given the opportunity to learn, live and love in this environment. We have been accepted with open arms by both the faculty and the student families. Starting each day with chapel has been a breath of fresh air.
I am married to my husband, Cliff, of 21 years. We have two vibrant energetic daughters. Madison (14) and Balie (9) keep us on our toes with soccer, basketball and gymnastics.
I enjoy the opportunity to teach and love children as individuals. Here, we have the freedom to tailor the curriculum to our students. I have a passion for literacy. The wonder and amazement of young children discovering and uncovering the messages hidden in print is very rewarding. I am in constant search of learning myself. What better place to learn about life than with 5 and 6 year olds who are in constant amazement with new knowledge.
- Masters of Pedagogy and Learning, Eastern New Mexico University, 2009
- Elementary Education in Bachelors of Science, Interidisciplinary Studies, West Texas A&M University, 1995 (Cum Laude)
- Teacher, St. George Episcopal School, San Antonio, Texas, 2013-present
- Math and Reading Intervention, Boerne, Texas, 2009-2013
- Teacher, Las Cruces Independent Schools, Las Cruces, New Mexico, 2008-2009
- 13 years of teaching experience Pre Kindergarten – sixth grade
Certifications, Awards, Associations
- Certified in CLIP (Collaborative Literacy Intervention Program)