Appointed in 2000
I love SGES for its values and spirituality—its unique love for God, integrity, and service to others, as well as its exceptional academic preparation. My family is my love and reason for life. I recently married my husband, Edwin, in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. We love spending time together, traveling to new and fun places (we love the beach!), watching Netflix, and serve God.
I am very proud of my children. Brandon, 25, is currently studying Theatrical Lighting Design at UC San Diego and recently became engaged. Bryan, 18, is a senior at John Jay Science and Engineering Academy and hopes to study computer science in college. Sofy, 13, is in 7th grade at St. George Episcopal School and enjoys art, voice and theatre.
I also have 3 dogs (my fur-children): Moka (bulldog), Abby (min-pin), and Chispita (cocker spaniel)! In my free time, I love to paint, cook, garden, travel, and spend time with my friends and family. My passion is dancing Mexican Ballet Folklorico. I have been dancing with the Faisan Folklorico Dance Academy for 8 years! I hope to share my love and pride for the Spanish language, its culture, and traditions to the St. George community.
- Degree in Education (Maestra Normalista) in Language Arts, Escuela Norma de Jalisco, Mexico, 1986
- Teacher, Spanish St. George Episcopal School, 2000-present
- Teacher, Spanish Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara, Mexico, September 1999-2001
- Teacher, Spanish Spanish Professional Instruction, December 1993-1999
- Teacher, Spanish Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara, Mexico, December 1991-1993
Certifications, Awards, Associations
- Psicologia Infantil, Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara, 1986
- The Effective Teacher, Independent School Association of San Antonio
- Best Strengthening Foreign Language Instruction, Bureau of Education & Research
- Changing Families Changing Schools
- Independent School Association of San Antonio
- The Bully, the Bullied and the Bystander, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- English as a Second Language, grades 1-7, Edison Community College, Ft. Myers, FL, 1990-1992
- Camden County Community College, Camden NJ, 1989