Teaching at St. George is my dream job! I have had 30 years of teaching experience in public schools, ranging from first grade to university level instruction. St. George is exactly where I was hoping to teach. The students, administration, and faculty have given me a wonderful welcome, and I am truly looking forward to being a member of this loving school family.
My husband, Robert, and I have been married for 31 years. We enjoy hunting, swimming, and traveling. Our oldest child James and his wife live in Tennessee. He is a Blackhawk helicopter pilot for the U.S. Army, and will be deployed to Afghanistan this fall. Our son George graduated from Texas State University this summer and is planning to join the military as well. The baby in our family is our 19 year old daughter Katelyn, who is a sophomore at Sam Houston State University. She also pole vaults for their track team.
I thoroughly enjoy my profession! I hope to be a lifelong teacher. Being able to do what I love in such a fantastic environment is truly a blessing! I look forward to meeting each of you, and contributing to giving your children a wonderful educational experience.
- Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction, University of Texas – San Antonio, 1986
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, University of Texas-Austin, 1981
- Teacher, St. George Episcopal School, San Antonio, TX, 2012-present
- Teacher, Eisenhower Middle School, 2007-2012
- Student Teacher Supervisor, UTSA, 1995-2007
- Teacher, Nimitz Middle School, 1994-1995
- Reading Specialist, Taft High School, 1990-1994
- Reading Specialist, Holmes High School, 1986-1990
- Teacher, Southwest Middle School, 1985-1986
- Teacher, Northern Hills Elementary, 1981-1984
Certifications, Awards, Associations
- GT certified
- Certified Reading Specialist
- Member International Reading Association