Teaching at St. George is my dream job! I have had 30 years of teaching experience in public schools, ranging from first grade to university level instruction. St. George is exactly where I was hoping to teach. The students, administration, and faculty here make this a place that I truly look forward to coming to each day!
My husband, Robert, and I have been married for 36 years. We enjoy hunting, swimming, biking, and traveling. Our oldest child, James, his wife and our two granddaughters live in Hawaii. He is a Blackhawk helicopter pilot for the U.S. Army. Our son George graduated from Texas State and UIW, and he is a registered nurse. The baby in our family is our daughter Katelyn. She and her husband graduated from Sam Houston State University, and she is a third grade public school teacher.
I thoroughly enjoy my profession! I am a lifelong teacher. Being able to do what I love in such a fantastic environment is truly a blessing! I look forward to meeting each of you, and contributing to giving your children a wonderful educational experience.
- Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction, University of Texas – San Antonio, 1986
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, University of Texas-Austin, 1981
- Teacher, St. George Episcopal School, San Antonio, TX, 2012-present
- Teacher, Eisenhower Middle School, 2007-2012
- Student Teacher Supervisor, UTSA, 1995-2007
- Teacher, Nimitz Middle School, 1994-1995
- Reading Specialist, Taft High School, 1990-1994
- Reading Specialist, Holmes High School, 1986-1990
- Teacher, Southwest Middle School, 1985-1986
- Teacher, Northern Hills Elementary, 1981-1984
Certifications, Awards, Associations
- GT certified
- Certified Reading Specialist
- Member International Reading Association