Appointed in 2002
I choose to teach at St. George because I enjoy the flexibility of my history curriculum and the sense of community. St. George has a strong reputation in the city of San Antonio based on education and family. I felt how the entire school was rooted in traditions when I interviewed eight years ago.
I am committed to making our St. George Middle School the best possible place for all of our students. I enjoy a variety of hobbies from reading to redecorating.
I bring to St. George experience from public school, creativity in teaching, and an understanding of the middle-school student. I am always looking for a new or unique way to show my students what history is all about. I love to use technology in my classroom.
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, Stephen F. Austin State University, 1989
- Teacher, St. George Episcopal School, San Antonio, TX, 2002-present
- Teacher, Social Studies, Reading, Sixth Grade, Old High Middle School, National Blue Ribbon School, Bentonville, Arkansas, August 1999-October 2001
- Teacher, Fifth Grade, Self-Contained Classroom, Smith Elementary School, Frisco, TX, January 1999-July 1999
- Team Leader and Teacher, Social Studies and Math, Fifth Grade, Cullins-Lake Pointe Elementary, National Blue Ribbon School, Rockwall, TX, August 1991-December 1998
Certifications, Awards, Associations
- TCEA (Texas Computer Educational Association) Member
- Texas Regional Collaboratives Center for Science and Mathematics Education Presenter and Cadre Member
- National Council for Social Studies Member