Appointed in 2002
I have been at St. George for 15 years. It is the most enjoyable teaching experience I have ever had. The standards are high, the atmosphere is happy and relaxed, and the people (from students, to parents, to co-workers) are like family.
I have taught 6th grade through 12 grade English, but my favorite group is middle school. Learning about our language can be exciting, and my students and I explore its history and evolution including its majesty and its abuses. We learn to use our language effectively in writing and speaking and realize what a powerful tool we have. We are learning to become critical readers while studying the writings of Homer, Sophocles, Shakespeare, and many contemporary authors.
My students teach me something new every year as I endeavor to uncover their strengths and interests. English class at St. George is a great place to be!
- Master of Education in Secondary Education, Universtiy of Texas-Austin, 1993
- Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education, University of Texas-Austin, 1979
- Teacher, St. George Episcopal School, San Antonio, TX, 2002-present
- Consultant, Jostens Learning Corporation, 1987-1991
- Teacher, Porter Middle School, 1984-1986
- Teacher, Bedicheck Junior High, 1982-1984
- Teacher, Del Valle High School, 1979-1981
Certifications, Awards, Associations
- GT certified; English language & literacy study