Appointed in 2005
I joined the St. George staff after working at an Episcopal school in Houston. Upon visiting St. George, I was so impressed by the positive energy radiating from faculty and students of all ages on campus. I also loved the setting of the campus, with buildings tucked nicely into the wooded property. I chose to work at St. George because I was excited about working with such an amazing group of professional educators who care deeply about the children entrusted in their care. We also chose St. George for my children to attend because of the strong academic tradition and firm spiritual development instilled in the students. It is a blessing for our family to be a part of such a strong community.
I believe that by teaching dance, I am able to enrich and enhance the students academic experience. Teaching dance to our youngest students allows them to explore movement in creative ways. It enhances the connections between the brain and the body and helps establish an internal sense of rhythm, leading to greater academic success.
I danced with a ballet company until I had children. I continue to enjoy watching dance performances, especially musical theater. As a family, we spend time together reading, going to soccer, basketball, softball games, tennis matches, swim meets, etc., and getting together with grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles.
- Masters of Business Administration in Finance, University of Houston, 1999
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting, University of Texas, Austin, 1997
- Business Manager, St. George Episcopal School, July 2005-present
- Dance Teacher, St. Francis Episcopal School, August 2002-June 2005
- Energy Analyst, Reliant Energy, August 1999-June 2001
- Summer Assistant Director, Camp Olympia, summers 1992-1995
Certifications, Awards, Associations
- Extensive ballet training
- 15 years in education
- SAES onsite accreditation team member for several area schools