Appointed in 2000
St. George is an amazing place to be! I feel so privileged to be able to teach in this Christian environment. St. George is an exceptional school that sets high educational and moral standards while providing a challenging and motivating environment, filled with encouragement and fun. I find it easy to bring a positive attitude to teaching the school’s interesting curriculum. My students come to class enthusiastic about learning and as a teacher, I build on their excitement by making learning as challenging and meaningful as possible.
Since St. George is like a family, I let the children know I care about them tremendously. My students and I feel confident, safe and welcome here because of a strong support system led by our headmaster, Rob Devlin, our loyal staff members, and caring parents. St. George faculty and families extend above and beyond to embrace and bring out the best in everyone.
- Bachelor of Science in Education, University of Texas at Austin, 1986
- Readers Theater, study abroad and thesis on Shakespeare’s Globe Theater, Brasenose College, Oxford, England, 1986
- Science courses, including: chemistry, biology, microbiology, zoology, anatomy, and physiology
- Teacher, fourth grade, math, English, and science, St. George Episcopal School, 2000-present
- Teacher, third and fifth grade, Saint Mary’s Hall, 1995-1999
- Teacher, fourth and fifth grade, San Antonio Independent School District, 1983-1994
- Teacher, first grade, Floresville Independent School District, 1982-1983