1954

St. George Episcopal School was founded as the Pilgrim School. The first classes, held at the Pilgrim Congregational Church, were kindergarten classes for children ages three to five years old. That initial choice to focus on the formative years of education is the same one we make today. Because children’s cognitive abilities and patterns are most easily influenced and molded between age four and puberty, concentration on this core age group is vital.

Under the visionary leadership provided by our founding director, Mrs. Margie Boggus, the Pilgrim School prospered and, in time, needed more space.

1950s Breaking Ground

July 24, 2015

1950s Square Dance

July 24, 2015

1950s Class Picture

July 24, 2015

1950s Pews

July 24, 2015

St. George Day School

July 24, 2015

1958 Classroom

July 24, 2015

1956

July 24, 2015

1954

July 24, 2015

1955 Sign

July 24, 2015

1972

The elders of St. George Church invited the Pilgrim School to make its home at St. George. Eventually, St. George added a middle school and expanded many of its programs.

1970s Campus

July 24, 2015

1970s Cross

July 24, 2015

1970s Bargain Boutique

July 24, 2015

1970s Demolition

July 24, 2015

1970s Volunteers

July 24, 2015

1972

July 24, 2015

1980

Our current Head of School, Mr. Robert Devlin, was appointed to carry on Mrs. Boggus’ legacy of quality education, community, and Christian values that is the core strength of St. George School.

1980s Construction

July 24, 2015

1980s Office

July 24, 2015

1980s Construction

July 24, 2015

1980s Middle School Students

July 24, 2015

1980s Campus

July 24, 2015

1980s Ceremony

July 24, 2015

1980s Demolition

July 24, 2015

1980s Building

July 24, 2015

1980s Margie Boggus

July 24, 2015

Boggus Plaque

July 24, 2015

1990

Fundraiser Awards

July 24, 2015

1990s

July 24, 2015

Fundraiser Ceremony

July 24, 2015

Fundraiser Blessing

July 24, 2015

1999 Fundraiser

July 24, 2015

2005

Breaking Ground

July 29, 2015

Field Construction

July 28, 2015

Steven Trapp Field

July 24, 2015

Field Memorial

July 24, 2015

Blessing the Field

July 24, 2015

2012

Through the co-leadership of Mr. Rob Devlin and Father Ram Lopez, Seeds of the Future became a reality and the architectural planning began. The project was designed to serve students, the church and school staff, as well as after school groups and ministries. New buildings, flexible work spaces, the redesign of the campus to ensure a safe environment for all community members were among the chief benefits of the initiative.

2013
May

Devlin and Lopez were joined by Bishops Gary Lillibridge and David Reed from the Episcopal Diocese of West Texas, the School Board, Vestry and St. George families, for a ceremonial groundbreaking of the new project.

2013
August

The old administration and middle school building was demolished to make way for the promising new structure. Middle School classrooms found a new home in portable buildings that took root on Trapp Field. Middle school students and teachers experienced a new way of life without lockers, walkways and the familiar surroundings of their traditional classrooms, and the entire school stayed focused as construction ensued all around.

2014

In August, the new St. George Church and School campus was officially opened. The St. George Community celebrated the long-awaited blessing of a beautiful, secure campus and buildings with flexible learning spaces and high-tech teaching and communication resources.

2015

As we enjoy our new campus, we look forward to the promising future that lies ahead as we continue to help families provide exceptional education for their children in a loving Christian community.