Appointed in 2013
I was originally drawn to Saint George when learning of its excellent reputation and dedication to spiritual and academic excellence. After touring and visiting with administrators and staff, I knew Saint George was where I wanted to be. As a first grade teacher, a reading program that offers a strong phonics and reading comprehension program is of the utmost important to me. Saint George’s explicit phonics and accelerated reading program blew me away! It is, without a doubt, second to no program I’ve ever used. I also love the diverse population, dedicated staff, parent involvement and the welcoming Episcopalian spirit. I am grateful and honored to be a part of this amazing staff.
I’m the newest member of the first grade team. I am not, however, new to first grade. Of my 21 years in the classroom, 18 have been in first grade. I have both public and private school teaching experience. I am coming directly from St. Thomas Episcopal School where I spent 13 years teaching, and from where my son, graduated from 5th grade. I am certified in elementary education, reading and ESL (English Second Language) for grades 1st -8th grades. My husband, Bobby, and I are originally from Corpus Christi. We moved to San Antonio in December of 1999. We have one son, Robert, who is a junior at Reagan HS. I love to read, take walks, spend lots of time with family in Corpus Christi, and volunteer at Reagan HS where I serve as the Communications Officer for the Choir Booster Club.
- Elementary Education, Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies, Texas A & M University, Corpus Christi, 1992
- Chula Vista Fine Arts Academy, Corpus Christi, TX, 1992-1999
- Saint Thomas Episcopal School, San Antonio, TX, 2000-2013
- Saint George Episcopal School, San Antonio, TX, 2013-Present
- Elementary Self contained (Grades 1-8)
- Reading (Grades 1-8)
- English as a Second Language (Grades 1-8)